Physical therapists work with patients and their families to progress large motor and functional skills. Our team can help your child safely participate in activities at home, in the classroom or the playground. We look at the quality of a child's movements, balance and coordination skills, strength, range of motion and endurance for daily activities and mobility. Our therapists are also available to show your child how to navigate safely with mobility aids such as wheelchairs, orthotics and other supports.
Our group of physical therapists has home programs available for children with:
- Sports and orthopedic injuries
- Brain injuries and neurological impairments
- Cancer and blood disorders
- Musculoskeletal injuries or disorders
- Cardiopulmonary disorders
- Developmental milestone delays
- Evaluation for wheelchairs, walkers and other mobility aids
- Home modifications and bathroom equipment
- Additionally, we specialize in Kinesio taping and Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) and positioning techniques
Preparing for your visit
- We strongly recommend that you check with insurance plan for benefits of home health rehab services.
- Bring recent discharge paperwork, medication lists and physician instructions ready to share with the therapist.
- Make a list of questions or concerns to ask when therapist arrives.
- Prepare a comfortable place for the assessment to take place (clean area on the living room floor or kitchen table).
- Patient should be dressed in loose comfortable clothing.
- Parent or primary caregiver should be present during evaluation to answer questions and help make the child comfortable.
- The therapist conducting the admission will assess home safety and address emergency preparedness strategies with the family.
Education and resources
Contact Cook Children's Home Health
If you or your office would like to meet with a representative, please contact your local physician liaison.
Referrals may be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. After hours, an answering service will connect referring physicians or clinicians to the on-call nurse